Portfolio and business restructuring
In 1990, Petropar was a public company with strong family control. It was active in the petrochemical and plastic transformation (non-woven, packaging, fibres and woven polypropylene).
In that year, Luiz Kaufmann assumed the position of senior member in the Presidency Office of the company. His mission included:
- Optimize the ROI, mainly through the business portfolio restructuring;
- Develop a professional management team and prepare the transition of family generations;
- Prepare the group for future growth.
During his three years at Petropar, the following goals were achieved:
- Complete restructuring of the business portfolio;
- Duplication of the group's networth and substantial improvement of its liquidity;
- Definition of growth strategies and joint ventures with international groups (including Crown Cork for PET bottles and cans);
- Successful family generation transition.